Introducing Mandy Hager
The Crossing is the first of her books that I have read (well, I’m part way through, so watch this space…). I have to say the cover appealed to me in its spookiness and Margaret Mahy describes this book as “like 1984 for teenagers – direct, passionate and powerful” so… sounds pretty good…
- Mandy Hager, born 26 July 1960, Levin
- lives in Wellington
- author (of all sorts of things!), educator
- has her own website!
- winner of multiple awards including:
- Esther Glen Medal 2008 for Smashed.
- Storylines Notable Books List 2010 Young Adult Fiction List for The Crossing.
- New Zealand Post Children’s Book Awards 2010 Young Adult Fiction Winner for The Crossing.
- Storylines Notable Books List 2011 Young Adult Fiction list for Into the Wilderness.
- Sir Julius Vogel Awards 2011 Young Adult Novel nominee for Into the Wilderness.
Mandy Hager on writing:
Let me get back to you on this…
or the following interview (about The Crossing):